Buy in Ocean Village
Ocean Village is one of the most popular locations in Southampton and we have a great selection of properties to buy here. The area is extremely popular with professionals, corporate companies and also international students. Properties in this area have excellent investment and buy to let opportunities.
About Ocean Village
If your new to the area, then hopefully you will find our Ocean Village guide helpful:
Ocean Village is a large, mixed-use marina, residential, business and leisure development on the mouth of the River Itchen in Southampton, on the South Coast of England. Ocean Village is currently undergoing a major £70m re-development project. It’s set to become one of the main leisure destinations in Southampton.
Current recreational facilities include two cinemas, cafés, wine bars and restaurants including Banana Wharf and Pitcher & Piano.
The recently opened multi-storey car park has space for 776 vehicles.
The shopping scene is dominated by “West Quay Shopping Centre”, which when it opened was one of the largest Shopping Malls in Europe, with around 100 shops including John Lewis, Marks & Spencer and many more. There are two other shopping arcades, “The Bargate” and “The Mall”. Southampton does have a very prominent high street with a very good selection of retailers. West Quay is located in the city centre but is in easy reach from Ocean Village just 1.3 miles away (10 minute walk).
- Pubs, Bars & Clubs – As with any major City, there is always a very wide choice of Bars & Clubs and Ocean village is no exception, offering stunning views of the marina and popular bars such as Piano and Pitcher and banana wharf situated by the water’s edge
- Restaurants – Southampton doesn’t have a shortage of restaurants in ocean village and certainly a wide selection of cuisines ranging from Mexican to an a La Carte menu. Popular restaurants include the Pitcher & Piano, Banana Wharf and Chiquitos. Also part of the development are Merchants Bistro and Tesco Express
- Theatre – The Mayflower Theatre is in Commercial Road just a 5 minutes drive away from Ocean Village
- Cinema – there are three cinemas in Southampton, two of which ar in Ocean Village. These are Cineworld and Harbour Lights Picture House, which offers Independent, art-house and foreign-language films
- Casinos – Mint Casino is a 2 minute walk from Ocean Village and offers all of your favourite casino games. There is also a complimentary buffet every Monday and Tuesday nights
- Solent University’s main campus is just off the High Street. It is a Centre of applied research in design and advanced technology, maritime, fine art and a broad range of business disciplines. The University is just 1.5 miles from Ocean Village (15 minute walk).
- City College – The largest further education college in Southampton. The college provides a range of courses to students from the local area. Students can study for NVQs, BTECs, Apprenticeships, ESOL programmes and Access courses. City College is just outside the city centre and is a 10 minute walk from Ocean Village.
- Road – located just off Canute Road
- Rail – The main Central Railway Station is just off the main City Centre where you’ll find many direct routes, including London (Waterloo). The railway is 2 miles from Ocean Village
- Coach – about 1.5 miles to the main coach station
- Bus – First bus Southampton operate from several bus stops in the area
- Ferry – The main Red Funnel operated Isle of Wight ferry sets sail from Town Quay, to Cowes. The Red Funnel ferry terminal is just 5 minutes walk from Ocean Village. There is a vehicle ferry which docks at East Cowes (approx time 55 min’s) and a pedestrian only service that docks at West Cowes (approx time 35 min’s) . There is also a small ferry operating between Hythe and Southampton.
- Cruise Ships – Southampton boasts a very large cruise terminal operated by P&O.
- Marine Facilities: The basin, formerly used for commercial vessels including banana boats is deep enough to offer mooring for tall ships and super yachts. The marina provides quick and easy access to the World famous Solent cruising ground.
- Airport – Southampton Airport is approximately 5.3 miles from Ocean village
- There are many recent new build flats and developments in and around Ocean Village, the most popular ones being:
- Sundowner, Sirocco, Mistral, Endeavour Court & Ranger Court
- Sapphire Court & Cobalt Quarter
- Charter House
- Atlantic Close & Pacific Close
- About the Southampton Area
- Buy in Southampton City Centre
- Buy in Ocean Village
- Buy in Banister Park & Bedford Place
- Buy in Bassett
- Buy in Highfield
- Buy in Chilworth
- Buy in Swaythling
- Buy in Portswood
- Buy in St Denys
- Buy in St Mary's, Northam and Bevois Valley
- Buy in Shirley
- Buy in Freemantle
- Buy in Regents Park
- Buy in Millbrook & Redbridge
- Buy in Coxford
- Buy in Lordshill & Lordswood
- Buy in Rownhams and Nursling
- Buy in Nursling
- Buy in Totton
- Buy in Marchwood & Hythe
- Buy in The New Forest
- Buy in North Baddesley
- Buy in Chandlers Ford
- Buy in Eastleigh
- Buy in West End
- Buy in Bitterne
- Buy in Woolston
- Buy in Sholing
- Buy in Netley
- Buy in Bursledon
- Buy in Hamble
- Buy in Hedge End
- Buy in Locks Heath
- Buy in Warsash
- Buy in Parkgate